How long do the XL cartridges last?
Each XL filter is designed to last up to 80 gallons or 4 months, whichever comes first.
Some consumers use more pitcher water than others, if you use more than 20 gallons of filtered pitcher water per month - then the filter may not last 4 months.
How do you change the cartridge?
IMPORTANT: Always use cool or room temperature water when filling the pitcher. Do not use hot water.
- Wash hands
- Remove filter cartridge from packaging.
- Fill pitcher with cool/room temperature water and place cartridge in water. Soak it upright for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the top of the filter cartridge under running water for 10 seconds.
- Press it firmly down into the tube of the Reservoir to ensure a tight seal.
- Attach the Lid.
- Fill the Reservoir with cool or room temperature water and allow all the water to filter through.
- Discard the water and repeat.
- The third pitcher of water is ready for drinking.
- Set the Filter Life Indicator/Date Dials